Fine Motor Number Match - Math Game
Set your little one up with this activity and get some chores of your own started while they are engaged, having fun, and learning. Children will use their fine motor skills to retrieve numbers out of the obstacle bin and match them to the number board! Extend the activity by having your child fish out an important phone number.
- Paper plate or similar shallow container
- Yarn, string, or rubber bands
- 2 pieces of paper
- Optional: additional obstacles to add to the game board and tweezers
- Using 1 piece of paper fold into 6 sections and cut into strips. Once complete, cut the strips in half. (1:15)
- Write numbers 1-10 on each piece of paper. Depending on your child’s skill level, you can write larger numbers such as 10-20. If your child is more advanced, you can write their phone number for them to begin learning and identifying. (2:15)
- To create the obstacle, tape the end of the yarn to the back of the plate. Wrap the yarn tightly and randomly around the plate. Secure the other end of the yarn to the back of the plate with another piece of tape. You can use string or rubber bands inplace of the yarn. A frisbee or shallow dish may be used inplace of the paper plate. (3:45)
- Add 4 number pieces at a time to the obstacle unless you made them smaller for more of a challenge for your child. (4:22)
- Add extra obstacles for your child to get around like pom poms or other toys you may find around your house. (4:55)
- PLAY! Get your child started and give yourself a break or some time to get some of your chores started while they are engaged, having fun, and learning. (5:23)
Share your creation!
Tag @new.sphere.learning on Instagram and we will highlight it on our feed!
If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get right back to you. If you would prefer to do a phone call you can book a time below!
Owner & CEO, New Sphere