Now offering 3 day per week classes!
$39/week or $129/month • 8AM Pacific / 11AM Eastern
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
Engineer & Architecture STEAM
Learn two different ways to challenge your junior architects using toothpicks, popsicle sticks, and marshmallows! Add figurines and watch their imaginations run wild as you challenge their creations. Your child will be entertained with this activity, allowing you time to complete some of your chores. It’s a win-win!
- Popsicle sticks
- Marshmallows of different sizes (or playdough)
- Optional figures such as cars or animals
1st Option: Challenge for older children
1. Begin creating the base of your structure by first deciding what shape you would like your base to be. Then place mini marshmallows onto both ends of a toothpick. Add more toothpicks onto those marshmallows and so on. (0:49)
2. Challenge your child by giving them a figure to make a structure for or give them a specific shape for the base that they must start with. (1:30)
2nd Option: Challenge for younger children
1. Using large marshmallows, stand them up tall in the shape of your choice. Next place popsicle sticks across the tops of the marshmallows to connect them. Continuing adding more marshmallows and popsicle sticks on top of your first level. (2:57)
2. Challenge your child to see how many levels they can create before it falls over. You could also give them a specific shape for the base level that they will build upon. (3:33)
3. Optional: Create a floor or roof by placing popsicle sticks side by side in a row. (3:41)
4. Feel free to bring your small figures such as animals or cars to test out your structure! (3:53)
Share your creation!
Tag @new.sphere.learning on Instagram and we will highlight it on our feed!
If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com and we'll get right back to you. If you would prefer to do a phone call you can book a time below!
Owner & CEO, New Sphere