Now offering 3 day per week classes!
$39/week or $129/month • 8AM Pacific / 11AM Eastern
Contact email@example.com for more info
In this video, we’ll learn how to make a watercolor hat with a pom pom! Your child will get to design their hat with a white crayon and learn to use watercolors to paint their hats. Your child will be amazed that the watercolors will reveal the design drawn with the white crayon. Once the hat dries, students can add a handmade pom pom!
- White paper
- Yarn (any color)
- Liquid glue
- White crayon
- Draw the outline of your hat. (0:54)
- Use white crayon to draw shapes and designs on the whole hat. (2:35) Tip: Different types of lines shown to aid hat design. (2:51)
- Use watercolor paints and cover your entire hat. Remember that it’s okay to go over the outline of your hat, we will be cutting our hats out later on. (5:13)
- Once your hat is fully painted, take a piece of paper towel and gently tap over your hat. This will help soak up any extra water but will also make a neat design on top of your hat. (4:48)
- Create your own pom pom with your chosen color of yarn. First, we need to cut about 6 inches of yarn and set it aside for later. (10:08)
- Wrap a new piece of yarn around three fingers 30 times. We will count to 10 three times! Leave a bit of yarn at the end and cut. (10:34)
- Carefully remove the yarn from your fingers without letting it unravel and then tuck the extra yarn through the area where your fingers are. (12:50)
- Using the 6 inch piece of yarn we cut earlier and lay your puff of yarn on top of it. Tie the 6 inch piece around the entire puff of yarn. (13:16)
- Cut the loops carefully - do not cut in the middle. If you see some parts are longer than others, you can trim those down. (13:42)
- Once your watercolor hat is dried, cut it out by following the outline drawn. (14:40)
- Glue your pom pom onto the top of your hat. (15:52)
Share your creation!
Tag @new.sphere.learning on Instagram and we will highlight it on our feed!
If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get right back to you. If you would prefer to do a phone call you can book a time below!
Owner & CEO, New Sphere