Coffee Filter Butterflies
What a great spring time activity! Watch the colors mix together and create beautiful wings for your butterfly.
In this video activity we are making butterflies by coloring coffee filters with markers, spraying them with water then attaching them in a clothes pin with pipe cleaners for antennae. Use these as a great gift or keep them for yourself to hang up in the windows!
- 1 Clothespin
- 1 Round coffee filter
- Spray bottle with water in it
- 1 Pipe Cleaner
- Paper towels (to help with mess)
- Color the coffee filter - (0:45)
- Spray the coffee filter - (1:39)
- Bunch up coffee filter into a bow shape - (2:20)
- Clip clothespin unto coffee filter - (2:32)
- Spread coffee filters “wings” out more - (2:40)
- Bend pipe cleaner to make antennae - (2:53)
- Clip pipe cleaner “antennae” to clothes pin - (2:57)
- Curl/bend the tops of the pipe cleaner “antennae” (optional) - (3:30)
- Draw eyes on the clothes pin with marker (optional) - (3:24)
Share your creation!
Tag @new.sphere.learning on Instagram and we will highlight it on our feed!
If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com and we'll get right back to you. If you would prefer to do a phone call you can book a time below!
Owner & CEO, New Sphere