Tie-dye Paper Towel Flags
Looking to make some kid-friendly decorations? All these materials are easy to use and around the house! Your child will love to see the colors mix and blend. For this activity, we will be making beautiful tie-dye flags, using food coloring and paper towels. They make great DIY decorations for any occasion.
- ½ size paper towel
- 3 rubber bands
- Food coloring (blue, green, red, yellow)
- 4 small cups or bowls filled with water
- Yarn (string or ribbon)
- Hole puncher
- Chopstick for mixing
- Add food coloring to small cups/bowls of water (1 each color)(0:57)
- Roll paper towel up (1:12)
- Roll one end of paper towel around and rubber band it (1:34)
- Do the same to the other end of paper towel (1:48)
- Dip the paper towel into the food coloring (2:11)
- Remove rubber bands from paper towel and unroll it (2:22)
- Let dry (2:54)
- Once dry- cut triangles in paper towel (3:29)
- Put holes in the top of each paper towel (using a hole puncher - optional) (4:10)
- Cut a long piece of yarn and string the paper towel triangles (4:37)
Share your creation!
Tag @new.sphere.learning on Instagram and we will highlight it on our feed!
If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com and we'll get right back to you. If you would prefer to do a phone call you can book a time below!
Owner & CEO, New Sphere