Now offering 3 day per week classes!
$39/week or $129/month • 8AM Pacific / 11AM Eastern
Contact email@example.com for more info
Snowflake Salt Painting
We’ll be learning how to make a winter snowflake craft using salt and watercolors. We’ll start by making a snowflake design with liquid glue. Then sprinkle salt onto the glue design. Using watercolors, tap watercolor paint onto the salt design. Finally, let the salt absorb the watercolors and have your snowflake dry off. In the end, you will have a colorful salt snowflake!
- Construction paper (dark)
- Liquid glue
- A small piece of yarn or ribbon
- Hole punch
- Lay a piece of dark construction paper onto a flat surface. Then using your liquid glue, gently squeeze a snowflake design. Start by drawing a circle and add lines pointing outwards. (0.52) Tip: You can map out your design with a pencil first.
- Sprinkle salt over the liquid glue design and be sure to fully cover the glue. Carefully shake off any excess salt. (2:00) Tip: Use your paintbrush to gently brush off any excess salt. (3:33)
- Using mostly water and a dab of watercolor, gently tap the watercolors onto your design. (4:04) Tip: Do not push down with your paintbrush, this will cause your snowflake to lose its shape.
- Let the snowflake dry for approximately 20 minutes. Cut out your snowflake, add a hole punch and string. Now you can hang it anywhere! (6:35)
Share your creation!
Tag @new.sphere.learning on Instagram and we will highlight it on our feed!
If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get right back to you. If you would prefer to do a phone call you can book a time below!
Owner & CEO, New Sphere