3D Rainbow - Arts and Crafts Activity
Are you looking for a fun way to practice colors with your child? In this activity, your little one will practice colors of the rainbow, while using fine motor skills to create a 3D rainbow. This is a perfect arts and crafts activity for a rainy day - learning has never been so fun!
- Liquid glue
- 12 cotton balls
- One piece of thick paper (any color)
- Construction paper: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple
- Lay out your thick piece of paper on a flat surface. (1:03)
- Cut a width size strip off of each colored construction paper - you will end up with six. (1:18)
- Place two medium dots of liquid glue where the ends of your strip of paper will go on your thick paper. One at the top and one at the bottom (width size). (1:54)
- Place both ends of your red strip where you placed your glue. It will look like a hill (3D). (2:10)
- Repeat placing your glue and each colored strip. A great way to extend this project is to write each color name on the corresponding color strip. (2:32)
- After each colored strip is in place, add cotton balls to each end (two per colored strip). (3:50)
- Once this has all dried, your rainbow is complete! (4:24)
Share your creation!
Tag @new.sphere.learning on Instagram and we will highlight it on our feed!
If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get right back to you. If you would prefer to do a phone call you can book a time below!
Owner & CEO, New Sphere