Sponge Paint Umbrella Mobiles
Spring time activity for the win! Does your little one like arts and crafts? Use this video to show them how to make a fun umbrella mobile! Rainy days do not need to be boring - all these materials are household materials and can be pulled together for this engaging activity! There is fine motor, sensory and loads of fun in this video.
- 1 Paper plate
- Yarn and/or ribbon (or string)
- Hole puncher
- Blue construction paper
- Small sponges (small square ones cut from a kitchen sponge)
- Cut plate in half (1:29)
- Press sponges into paints (2:01)
- Sponge paint paper plate halves (2:27)
- Cut three pieces of yarn (3:30)
- Lay the ends of the yarn on the bottom of the back of one of the paper plate halves (3:50)
- Tape the yarn down (4:00)
- Bend the end of pipe cleaner (if using) (4:38)
- Attach “umbrella handle” (pipe cleaner) to center of the paper plate (5:02)
- Cut a few pieces of ribbon (if using) (5:28)
- Tape down ribbon on plate (5:40)
- Staple the two umbrella halves together (6:32)
- Cut raindrops out of blue construction paper (7:25)
- Punch a hole in the top of each raindrop using hole puncher (8:36)
- Tie each raindrop to the end of the yarn/ribbon (8:56)
Share your creation!
Tag @new.sphere.learning on Instagram and we will highlight it on our feed!
If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com and we'll get right back to you. If you would prefer to do a phone call you can book a time below!
Owner & CEO, New Sphere