Floating Hearts Science
Love is in the air! In this video, we will learn how to conduct a floating hearts science experiment using a few simple household materials. Your child will be amazed by the end of this experiment. Watch and observe how the hearts float around!
- A shallow glass or ceramic bowl
- Dry Erase Markers
- Using a dry erase marker, draw hearts in the middle of your bowl. Be sure to fully color in your hearts. Use different colors if available. (0:41)
- Slowly pour water into your bowl until you see the hearts begin to float. (1:19) NOTE: If your drawings do not float, try a different color because some colors lift and float better than others.
- Observe the hearts float by slightly tilting your bowl around. (1:41)
- Try again with different shapes or drawings!
Share your creation!
Tag @new.sphere.learning on Instagram and we will highlight it on our feed!
If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get right back to you. If you would prefer to do a phone call you can book a time below!
Owner & CEO, New Sphere